Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year's Day!

Happy New Year's Day!

We had a quiet New Year's Eve.  Just the way it needed to be with all the cold weather we're having.

I cut squares and cut squares yesterday and bagged them into 10 sets of 9 patches into a bag. (90 little squares in a bag.)  I still have 3 more bags to go.  I need almost 300 nine patches for this quilt and I have over half of them done.  It might even be closer to 2/3s done.  But it will be nice to have my leader and ender project ready to go any time I sit down to sew.

I've been thinking about ways that I decide on projects.  One year I worked on only my Christmas fabric.  Made up kits (yes I still have a couple more to do) and cut fabric into sizes needed in the Scrap User's System plus 5 inch squares as I love Nickel Quilts too.

Another year I joined in with Country Threads UFO project.  You wrote down 12 UFOs and each month Country Threads would draw a number and that was the project you needed to work on that month.  I haven't been as successful with this method since that first time.  I tried this last year with American Patchwork and Quilting UFO Challenge, but never got anything completed.  They are doing it again this year, so it might be something you could think about.

So this year is just work on whatever and blog about it.  Maybe that will take me to the finish line with some of my projects.  I'm also going to work on any projects or kits that are in my sewing room.  (I have more projects, kits and fabric stashed in the basement.)  I figure it's one way to clean my sewing room. 

I have also considered working on one kind of quilt a month.  For example: one month is string blocks, another month is baby quilts using fabric from that bin, or scrap quilts such as Sarah at "Confessions of a Fabric Addict"is doing.

Let me know what you are planning this coming year.

No comments: